STAR HOLES INDEX:
If you have photos and locations of stones with star holes and would like to share please make contact. All photos and/or information used will be properly credited. CONTACT EMAIL
Characteristics of star holes:
- Holes have been found in various shapes from triangles, squares, sharp tipped stars to round holes with lobes.
- Star hole lobe number, size and height can vary from hole to hole.
- Lobes may uniformally rotate.
- Hole may curve smoothly.
- Lobes may uniformally rotate within the hole and hole may curve smoothly simultaneously.
- The holes are almost always uniform in shape.
- Hole walls are usually textured.
- Hole walls are sometimes vitrified.